NION UltraSTEM 100
- Cold field emission gun (CFEG)
- Cs probe aberration correction
- Sub-Angstrom-scale probe with 0.1 nA of current enables imaging with sub-angstrom (<0.1 nm) resolution
- Electron optics can be changed to produce a 2-3 angstrom probe with 1 nA or more of current for analytical purposes
- Optimized for high-spatial and spectral resolution EELS
- High-stability stage enables atomic-resolution EELS mapping over large length scales
The SuperSTEM has a spherical aberration corrector integrated into its column, which nulls all axial aberrations up to fifth order. As a result, an angstrom-scale probe with 0.1 nA of current enables imaging with angstrom-level (0.1 nm) resolution. The electron optics can be quickly changed to produce a 2-3 angstrom probe with 1 nA or more of current for analytical purposes (electron energy loss spectroscopy). Samples can be automatically oriented to a given axis.